Age and Dynamics of a Web Page: Any website or webpage on publication date. It is pretty easy nowadays to know this date of appearance. But then, why is it interesting from an SEO point of view?
Table of Contents
The SEO Interest of the Publication Date of a Web Page
Knowing the age of a web page helps you assess the credibility and quality of the information it can share.
It’s not new, and Google likes relevant content for its searchers. The age of a DNS and its constant positioning on a query are guarantees of its ability to respond to the search intent concerned.
Search engines give more importance to old domain names than recent ones. The worst! (or the top according to his point of view), it’s when this web page is also regularly updated! An old DNS, coupled with an authoritative page with regularly refreshed content, is to engrave its on-SERP positioning in stone!
Also Read: What are the Benefits of Content Marketing?
Finally, What Should we Retain in Two Scenarios?
Scenario A: If the domain name is old, the on-page content is updated regularly, and a powerful new linking strategy is associated with it, then on-SERP accessibility will be difficult.
Scenario B: If the domain name is recent, the on-page content is outdated, and no new linking strategy is associated, then on-SERP accessibility will be easy.
So depending on our SEO objectives, we can already estimate the difficulty of ranking on a query depending on the temporal anchoring of the competition.
But how to recover these precious dates of publications and updates of web pages?
How to Know the Creation Date of a Website or a Web Page?
Check in the source code of the page: search for publication dates using the expressions “date published,” “publish date,” or even “published_time.”
Check-in search results using the search operator: “in URL: ”
Consult the web archives offered by Waybackmachine.
Other methods are possible, but they are less reliable:
- Reading the URL: You will find a possible publication date in the URL of the page concerned. However, be careful because the ease of rewriting can falsify the publication’s authenticity.
- Comments at the end of articles: It is possible to have the date of the first comment at the end of the article. However, there may be a long delay between the first comment and the actual publication date of the report.
- Footers and copyright: Generally, you can see the website’s copyright date in the footer. However, they can be static or dynamic:
- Static by proposing a date defined for the whole site, therefore not very relevant.
- Dynamic by proposing the current year date to warn of its news, except that this is not what we are looking for for a specific page.
How to Know the Date of Update of a Website or a Web Page?
Directly at the top of the article on the page concerned: editors, creators, developers, and SEO experts tend to value this date with their visitors to attest to the timeliness of their content. The modification date at the top of the article is, therefore, relevant and easy to access.
In the source code of the page: It is possible to know the date of the last update of a web page or a blog article. Look for the phrase “modified_time” in the page’s source code to retrieve this information.
Tamil Movies 2023, Upcoming Tamil Movies, Tamil Movies Releasing 2023
Tamil Movies 2023, Upcoming Tamil Movies, Tamil Movies Releasing 2023 – It’s a Pongal season, and what better time to…
Minishortner.Com What Is Sitemap
Minishortner.Com What Is Sitemap – So, one of the essential parts of SEO is the process by which the search…